As with many things at the moment, the cost of mifi boxes has increased. Currently all referrals for recycled IT equipment are provided with internet access via a mifi box. We run the IT recycling project on a very limited budget, and will not be able to continue doing this SO WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are now looking for donations of any wiped smartphones so that they can be used as WIFI hotspots for our IT Recycling project.
To wipe a phone please follow the instructions below depending on the model of your device:
1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone (At the bottom of the list).
2. Select the bottom option, Erase All Content and Settings
3. Follow the instructions on screen to wipe your iPhone
1. Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock
2. Set it to None
3. Go to Settings > Accounts
4. Select each one in turn and tap Remove Account
5. To wipe the phone the process is slightly different depending on who made your phone. On a Google Pixel, for example, go to Settings > System > Advanced, and choose Reset Options, then Delete All Data. On certain Samsung Galaxy’s, go to Settings > General Management > Reset, and choose Factory Data Reset and tapping Reset and Delete All.
If you have any issues don’t hesitate to call at 0141 952 7090 and we can help with the reset process or to donate. You can also arrange to donate your old smartphones by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can arrange to donate your smartphones at our offices in Yoker. Yoker Resource Centre, 10 Kelso Place, Yoker G14 0LL