Last month the network surveyed members on what types of training they would like for themselves and their staff. This year, our programme of FREE training will be provided online on Zoom.
***POSTPONED***Managing Remotely: Tweaking your management style for remote working – Monday 18th January 2021 1pm-4.45pm
15 places available
A fast-paced interactive course for managers who want to explore their management practice, whilst working remotely and how it has been impacted by the pandemic. This course is delivered by Angela Gribben of AMG Training & Consultancy. Angela has over 20 years experience in delivering management training and facilitation. Topics in this course will include:
- Sustaining relationships when working remotely
- Providing pastoral interventions to support staff through difficulties
- Handling tricky conversations in a remote setting
- Changing perspectives
There will be time for activities, discussion and reflection.
***POSTPONED ***Mental Health Awareness during the Pandemic- Wednesday 20th January 2021 10am-1pm –
15 places available
This workshop will explore general mental health awareness and how the coronavirus pandemic could affect mental health in the short and long term. The workshop will be facilitated by Cope Scotland. It will cover
- Ideas to share with people you work with and know
- Tools to look after your own wellbeing
- Learning outcomes specific to members
*** FULLY BOOKED *** Facilitation Skills for an Online World – Thursday 21st January 2021 10am-1pm – BOOK NOW
How to be an effective facilitator while adjusting to working within restrictions brought on by the Covid19 pandemic.
This workshop aims to help you transition to this new way of working by exploring how really good facilitators get the best from a meeting or a team. The workshop outlines the core behaviours of an effective facilitator, gain an understanding of the role and examine the key characteristics of groups and group dynamics.
We then look at the challenges that are unique to online facilitation:
- What are the main differences with face to face contact and online contact?
- How do we ensure everyone gets an input?
- How do we keep everyone engaged?
- Do group dynamics change with online contact?
- How do we reach a consensus decision?
PLEASE NOTE: Places are limited so please do not book a place if you do not intend to attend the training – thank you.